Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update on Un-Stash '09

I must say that the year of un-stashing of fabric was very successful! I did have to break down and buy a few yards of fabric and lining so mom could make me a dress, but that was unavoidable.

And, oh wait, I think I bought 2 yards of an adorable knit doggie print from someone else's destash. I didn't think I would do that well. Less than 10 yards purchased in a whole year, and most of it sewn up immediately!

I'm continuing on the un-stash indefinitely for now. Even though I'm 26 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, I haven't even felt the urge to shop for girly fabrics yet. Only time will tell if that will last. Over the past week I also went through most of my fabric stash and donated quite a bit that I know I will never want to use. Not much of a dent, but 2 small storage containers emptied! I believe I have 6 large tubs and 4 small tubs of fabric left. Probably at least 2.5 of the large tubs are all diaper-making fabrics, too, which I'm keeping around for a while, and should be able to sell when I quit making diapers.

I'll see if I can recall what I've sewn over the past year:
10 aprons (see last post)
2 tops for me
2 perpetual calendars (see inspiration here)
4 potholders (pattern here)
2 play mats (instructions here)
2 memory games (instructions here)
baby carrier (see 2 posts ago)

Not a whole lot, I guess!

What I would like to sew sometime soon:
2 or 3 more tops for me
clothes for the baby girl
more jammies for Henry
crib set for baby girl
...

I know this was a terribly boring post, but I figure no one else reads this blog but me, right?

1 comments:

Momma said...

Wrong! I check all the time. You should be proud of your destashing! Happy sewing.
Love, Mere'